Belvoir Group’s national presence and franchise model has not only helped it achieve impressive growth, it has also seen it become one of the UK’s largest real estate franchise groups. The Group manages more than 65,000 properties, with more than 400 offices across six brands.
Dorian Gonsalves took charge of the company when it went public in 2012 and has overseen impressive growth from day one. In addition to having been Director of The Property Ombudsman for five years, Dorian’s deep understanding of franchising and strategic vision has allowed the company to grow stronger over the past decade.
Driving Ambition interview series host Oli Barrett sat down with Dorian to talk about building franchisee relationships, their acquisition strategy, the benefits of being a publicly traded company and more Again. Watch the full discussion below, and be sure to catch up with the rest of the series’ interviews.
Here’s what we covered during the discussion:
- Can you tell us about the Belvoir Group and your work? (0:42)
- Is there something about franchise businesses that you find particularly interesting? (2:16)
- What is your acquisition strategy for the future? (2:58)
- What are the advantages of being a listed company? (5:31)
- What have you managed to achieve such impressive growth in these turbulent times? (6:48)
- What would be your best advice for building a good relationship with franchisees? (8:33)
- What trends do you see coming in the near future? (9:17)
- How have you had to adapt your business plans to cope with the turbulence of recent years? (12:42)
- How do you manage to continue on the path of growth and want to disrupt the market? (13:40)
- What opportunities and challenges for the Group? (14:45)
- Are there any changes you would like politicians to make that would benefit the housing market? (16:34)
- What question are you asking yourself to make a bigger difference in ESG? (17:34)
- Apart from good financial results, what do you hope investors (existing and future) would say about the Group? (19:53)
- If you could go back to when you first took over the business in 2012, what advice would you give yourself? (20:28)
What is the FinnCap Ambition Nation Listed 50?
The Driving Ambition interview series highlights companies on finnCap’s 50 Ambition Nation list. In 2018, the famous financial advisor finnCap launched Ambition Nation; a platform for innovative, high-growth companies to showcase their successes and discuss the challenges of the modern business landscape.
Resolutely at the heart of UK business growth, the Ambition Nation Listed 50 companies are small and mid-cap companies that have been identified using the finnCap group’s slide rule. This equity analysis tool identifies companies that offer the best mix of growth and quality.
finnCap advises ambitious companies and promotes their stories to find the right investment for growth. They also help these companies access the growth capital that is right for them. See the finnCap website for more information.